Achievements of PBCC
- Pakistan Blind Cricket team has reached in the final of all the five editions of Blind Cricket World Cup (One-day International) (1998, 2002, 2006, 2014 & 2018) and won the two World Cups consecutively in 2002 and 2006.
- Pakistan Blind Cricket team stood Runners-up in all the 2 editions of Twenty-20 World Cup Cricket of the Blind (2012, 2017).
Bilateral Cricket Series: (One-Day International format)
Pakistan has played 14 bilateral series (One-Day International format) vs various nations so far.
- Five bilateral series Vs India, three bilateral series Vs England, Two bilateral series Vs South Africa and Sri Lanka, One series each Vs Australia, and Nepal.
- Pakistan won 12 series out of played 14.
- Out of fourteen (14) series Pakistan hosted 7 series at home and 1 at neutral venue.
- Pakistan is the only country in Blind Cricket family which hosted a home series at Neutral Venue Sharjah vs England in April 2010.
Bilateral Cricket Series: (T-20 International format)
Pakistan has played 10 bilateral series (Twenty-20 International format) vs various nations so far.
- Four Vs India, Two Vs Sri Lanka, one each Vs England, South Africa, Australia, and Nepal.
- Pakistan has won 8 series out of played 10.
- Out of (10) series Pakistan hosted 6 series at home.
Team World Records:
- Pakistan consecutively won the 27 (Twenty seven) one-day International matches (The longest winning streak in International Cricket)
- Pakistan triumph 7 consecutive one-day series. (Vs India, Australia, South Africa, England (twice), Sri Lanka and Nepal)
- Pakistan consecutively won 6 Twenty-20 series. (Vs the same aforementioned opponents)
- World record highest total of 563 runs in One-Day International set against Australia.
- World record highest margin victory of 399 runs Vs South Africa in ODI’s.
- World record of highest total successfully chased of 439 runs against England (Sharjah April 2010), which is the highest total successfully chased in any form of cricket.
- World record highest score in T-20 cricket of 373 runs in 20 overs , set against West India in February 2017.
- World record highest partnership of unbeaten 390 runs Vs England (Sharjah April 2010).
- Pakistan team has played at International Cricket stadiums like Sahara Park Newlands, The Wanderers Stadium (Johannesburg) South Africa, Adelaide Oval (Australia), Feroz Shah Kotla (New Delhi), M. A. Chidambaram Stadium (Chennai), M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore, Sharjah Cricket Stadium Sharjah and on all Test playing venues of Pakistan.
PBCC and Economic Empowerment:
- PBCC have around 2000 registered players and to facilitate the Current and Ex-Blind Cricket players (who mostly belong to marginalized families) provides almost Rs=5 million annually for their financial well being.
- PBCC has arranged jobs for many players to become bread earners for their families and to become productive citizens.
- PBCC also provides financial assistance to players to seek medical care and treatment.
Providing Access to Education:
- Keeping in view, the substantial role of education in the life of persons with visual impairment, PBCC has provided sufficient financial assistance for the completion of education to many Blind players in the shape of Institution dues, hostel & mess charges and assistive technology.
- Many PBCC funded players have completed their post graduation and working in Govt sector on gazetted posts. Few of them are,
- Anwer Ali
- Muhammad Ashraf Bhatti
- Shahzad Gulnar
- Riaz Sajan
- PBCC has also provided PERKINS and Computers with screen reading software to private Blind School and students to excel in education.
Changing Social Image:
- PBCC has changed the social image of person with visual impairment not only within the families but in society at large. Now they are taken as pride productive citizens “National Heroes” rather than stigma.
- Honorable President of Pakistan has conferred the most prestigious Civilian award “Pride of Performance” to Zeeshan Abbasi (Captain of Pakistan team) and Tamgha-i-Imtiaz to Abdul Razzaq in recognition of their services rendered to the nation.
- PBCC have provided them International exposures and this led them to represent confidently in various countries across the World and let them believe that “They are proud Pakistani”.
- PBCC in networking with various partners has been successful to present a Bill in National Assembly that 2% seats should be reserved for PWD’s in Senate, Parliament, Provincial assemblies and Local Government, currently the bill is with the Standing Committee on Law, Justice and Human Rights.